Exploring worlds of imagination behind dominant discourses of power
From sociology, microeconomics and participatory design, I explore creative ways to identify and challenge dynamics of power, using a sociological perspective to look at the sciences, technology and digital ecosystems, with particular interest on the roles of women and marginalized groups within the economy.
I am interested in demystifying science and technology, in unlocking knowledge, tools and processes so that more people appreciate the relationship between the evolution of science and society, for us to achieve harmony with our environment and take better political decisions.
WHAT DO I DO?
- I conduct workshops using methods of participatory design and critical pedagogy. I enjoy working with young people to open spaces for discussion, reflection and experimentation.
- I write in an academic tone (blog in English and Spanish) and in a non-academic tone ("Orbitando" section).
- I participate in events and expert committees in the areas of Gender and digital technologies.
- The area of science that I'm passionate about is the electromagnetic spectrum. The workshops focused on demystifying the sciences are centered in this area, plus theoretical and philosophical perspectives on the understanding of the sciences.
- My current research project seeks to analyze relations of power in the history of science and the impact of these relationships on the average citizen who, like me, used to fear maths.
Alternative education, Open Access to scientific knowledge, Drama&Embodiment, Philosophy, Interdisciplinary, Art and Design to unlock power structures, Participation, Cooperation, Microeconomics, Sociology, Gender, South América and South India, Books
YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT: email@example.com